Saturday, February 16, 2008

Skiing with a 2 year old







We had the great opportunity of taking Emma skiing today. It only lasted about an hour for her, but it is something that I have waiting forever to do (long before having children I dreamt of taking them skiing). If she wants to go again this year we may take her, but otherwise we may wait until next year.

Caleb is here for the weekend and he is the "I-wegian" in the camo jacket, since he saw that was going to be 40 degrees in Casper he didn't think he needed a coat. He used Rob's hunting jacket. It is really neat here, in Casper, that we may have no snow in town, but up on the mountain (about 6 miles away) there is about 5 feet of snow and about 15 degrees colder. It snowed pretty hard up there today. Our mini-van even got stuck while trying to leave the parking lot.

It was a great experience!

3 comments:

Photo Mommy said...

That is so awesome and so fun to see. I am not surprised at all. Isn't it so fun to partake in winter activities with children? We have had a blast this winter ice skating and sledding, etc.

Joy said...

That is so cute! What did Emma think about it all?

Betsy said...

I love to take my kids out in the winter, it just does not happen enough. Emma really was not as thrilled about it as we were. She finally said after about 45 minutes, "I need to go in and warm up." Then we were not able to get her out again. But on Sunday and Monday she was telling other people about it. When we were at the store, she randomly said to a lady, "Do you see my ski tag?" (the lift ticket on her coat)